Thursday, March 22, 2012


LET’S TALK ABOUT MONEY !!!!

(PART 3)

We were so poor my daddy unplugged the clocks when we went to bed.
***
I have always said that if I were a rich man, I would employ a professional praiser.
***
There were times my pants were so thin I could sit on a dime and tell if it was heads or tails.
***
Poets, we know, are terribly sensitive people, and in my observation one of the things they are most sensitive about is money.
***
You can't tell a millionaire's son from a billionaire's.
***
I finally know what distinguishes man from other beasts: financial worries.
***
I cannot afford to waste my time making money.
***
I'm so naive about finances. Once when my mother mentioned an amount and I realized I didn't understand, she had to explain: 'That's like three Mercedes.' Then I understood.
***
The meek shall inherit the earth, but not the mineral rights.
 
***
If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
***
I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something.
***
Somebody said to me, 'But the Beatles were anti-materialistic.' That's a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, 'Now, let's write a swimming pool.'
***
There is nothing fundamentally wrong with America's cities that money can't cure.
***
The most popular labor-saving device is still money.
***
Money costs too much.
***
If all the rich people in the world divided up their money among themselves, there wouldn't be enough to go around.
***
If you see a bandwagon, it's too late.
***
My present post amounts to about 700 thaler, and when there are rather more funerals than usual, the fees rise in proportion; but when a healthy wind blows, they fall accordingly...
***
Love lasteth as long as the money endureth.
***
I made my money the old fashioned way. I was very nice to a wealthy relative right before he died.
***
I don't even get an allowance. (at age 10)
***
Our incomes are like our shoes; if too small, they gall and pinch us; but if too large, they cause us to stumble and to trip.
***
Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons.
***
I don't mind going back to daylight saving time. With inflation, the hour will be the only thing I've saved all year.
***
Money won't buy happiness, but it will pay the salaries of a large research staff to study the problem.
***
Economists report that a college education adds many thousands of dollars to a man's lifetime income - which he then spends sending his son to college.
***
He that is of the opinion money will do everything may well be suspected of doing everything for money.
 
TOMORROW NEW STORIES STAY TUNED

No comments:

Post a Comment