Saturday, December 31, 2011

Will I Live to see 80?


Here's something to think about. 

  
I recently picked a new primary care doctor.  After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned 49.) 
  
A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?' 

He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer or wine?' 
'Oh no,' I replied...  'I'm not doing drugs, either!' 

Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs? 
'I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!' 

'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?' 
'No, I don't,' I said. 

He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?' 
'No,' I said. 

He looked at me and said,...  'Then, why do you even give a shit?


Ah these women ..
Believer turns to God:
 
- All my life I have not sinned, let me enjoy it a little bit before my death. I've always wanted to see Hawaii, but I’m terribly afraid of planes, and on the ship, I fill sick. Can you make me a bridge to Hawaii so that I can go there by car.
 
God said to him:
- This is really very complicated wish ... And where would be the supporting pillars, where the gas station ... Beside that, the sea is very rough. Really, what you want is technically very difficult and almost imposible. Can I realized some other, less demanding wish?
 
- Well - said the man. - I'd like to understand women ... Why they say one thing and think another. Why they constantly crying. Why they have a different logic than us mens. Why is constantly complaining
and queasy. Why they always misrepresentated our statements. Why they envy each other and gossip about each other ... Well, I want to. To understand women!

And God says:
-Do you want your bridge has two or four lanes?

No comments:

Post a Comment