Tuesday, January 24, 2012

MY FAVOURITE QUOTES

•    I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace. - Helen Keller
 

 


 •    People seldom do what they believe in, they do what is convenient, and then repent. - Bob Dylan

 





•    Is life worth living? It all depends on the liver. - William James
•    The wise man has long ears and a short tongue. - Anonymous.
 





•    Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens. - Jimi Hendrix
 




 •    Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. - Unknown, but often attributed to Albert Camus
•    The secret of a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them in the right scale of values. - Norman Thomas
•    Democracy is the process by which people choose the man who'll get the blame. - Bertrand Russell





  •    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein 



•    I've had a wonderful time, but this wasn't it. - Groucho Marx
•    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
•    Coffee isn't my cup of tea. - Samuel Goldwyn
•    I'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house. - Zsa Zsa Gabor
•    I'm always amazed to hear of air crash victims so badly mutilated that they have to be identified by their dental records. What I can't understand is, if they don't know who you are, how do they know who your dentist is? - Paul Merton
•    At my age I do what Mark Twain did. I get my daily paper, look at the obituaries page and if I'm not there I carry on as usual. - Patrick Moore
 

 



•    Operator! Give me the number for 911. - Homer Simpson
 





 •    I have met a lot of hardboiled eggs in my time, but you're twenty minutes. - Oscar Wilde
•    Rarely is the question asked: is our children learning? - George W Bush
•    I saw six men kicking and punching the mother-in-law. My neighbour said 'Are you going to help?' I said, 'No, Six should be enough.' - Les Dawson
•    My formula for success is rise early, work late, and strike oil. - Paul Getty

No comments:

Post a Comment